LABYRINTH
Incarnation
Center
Ivoryton, Ct
February 26,
2012
Who am I? I don’t know how to travel this path. I stand at the edge of the labyrinth and I
don’t know how to enter. The field of
stones lies ahead. The path is not
clear-cut; the stones marking the way are cluttered in bunches. The sun waits to rise over the trees and an
empty red barn sits at the foot of the hill.
Where do I
start? There is no clear entrance. How do I start? I know that I must begin and I do, with
clumsy feet. I step over rocks,
wondering where the paths are. As the gravel
crunches under my feet I notice four donkeys, two black and two gray, emerging
from the barn. I am not alone.
I accept
that there is no clear path to the center of this labyrinth. It is up to me to create my own way around
the bumps and rocks that lie ahead. I
know that I will reach the center and that it is my choice how long it
takes. How far I travel in circles and
turns is my decision and mine alone.
I step over
a rock painted to look like a strawberry and I think of the child who painted
the cheerful picture during summer camp.
It is a bright spot on my path. I
step over several piles of donkey dung.
My friends at the foot of the hill have stopped staring and are going
about their business as I walk the path.
The sun
rises over the trees as I reach the center.
The Lord is my shepherd… Our
Father… God, grant me the serenity… Mantras repeated… I stand at the center and breathe in the
frosty morning air. The two black donkeys
have returned to the barn; the two gray donkeys move peacefully below. I close my eyes and feel God’s light and love
– fire-light – filling me. I stand in a
column of light. I love standing
here. I am love standing here. I am
free to stay in this column of pure love-energy. It has form and no form. It is sheer healing power, and always
here. It is God’s grace.
After some
time I take a breath and spin around the crazy path a few times, making my way
to the endpoint where I began. A hot cup
of coffee sounds good right now. I
return to my room and start a new journal.
On the front page I write:
Patti B.
Cancer – a journey
My journey
No comments:
Post a Comment