Wednesday, February 29, 2012

DANCE

DANCE

CANCER…
Shock.
Cringe.
Turn away.
Not me.
Why me?

CANCER…
Even gently spoken, the word lashes out.
My heart stops beating.
There is no rhythm, no time…
How do I dance to this music?

CANCER…
Where am I?
I miss my mother.
I see her prayer shawl, yet I cannot embrace it.

CANCER….
Fear – I know the night at 2AM.
The Lord is my shepherd….
Our Father…
Mantras repeated…..

I split in two
The one who functions                The one who watches
I want to hide and I know that I cannot.
I know….and I do not know.

Who am I?
Am I that word?
I am more.
I am.

I walk the ragged stone labyrinth, finding my way, creating my own journey.
I wrap myself in my mother’s prayer shawl, feeling her embrace.
My body begins to sway to the rhythm.
The music is life.
 
 
            CANCER…
I utter the words and……I accept.
I will listen to the rhythms deep within.
I will dance.





No comments:

Post a Comment